Avocado Pesto Zoodles
After a long time off I'm back on my meal prep game. Kicked it off with one of my all time favorite recipes, zucchini Noodles, but this time with an extra twist. I took a stab at avocado pesto sauce. I completely winged the recipe and it turn out to be a banger.
1 lb ground turkey or chicken
1 cup spinach
1 large ripe avocado
1/2 c hemp seeds
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tea spoon sea salt
1/4 c EVOO
ground pepper to taste
1. Combine the spinach, avocado, hemp seeds, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food proessor until finely chopped.
2. Add oil to form a thick paste
3. Brown the ground chicken or turkey in a large skillet
4. Spiralized 2 large zucchinis to form zucchini noodles (zoodles)
5. Sautee the zoodles in 1 tsp EVOO for about 3 min over medium heat
6. Add the pesto to the skillet with the zoodles and combines until pesto has covered the zoodles
7. Combine the ground turkey (or chicken) into the zoodles and stir over low heat for 2 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!