Baked chicken is one of my go to meal prep items. Often, people tell me they avoid baked chicken because it gets too dry. However cooking the chicken on a higher temperature for a short period of time will help cook the chicken all the way through without drying it out! Additionally, all the lemon and pepper flavoring in this recipe will make you forget that there is no salt!
Salt-free Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
· 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts (about four to five 3 ounce pieces)
· 2 lemons
· 1 tbsp black pepper
· 2 tsp poultry seasoning
· 1 tsp paprika
· 1 tsp cayenne pepper
· 1 tbsp EVOO
· ¼ cup chopped parsley
1. Defrost chicken breasts and place in large plastic bowl.
2. Sprinkle the poultry seasoning over the chicken and rub onto the chicken
3. Squeeze the juice from ½ a lemon into a small bowl and add the black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper to the lemon juice. Mix well to make the marinade
4. Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours
6. Slice the second lemon into ¼ inch slices
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
8. Remove the chicken from the fridge and place pieces into a 13 x 9 glass dish
9. Evenly coat the EVOO over the top of the chicken
10. Sprinkle the parsley over the chicken
11. Place 1 lemon slice on each piece of chicken
12. Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how thinly sliced the chicken is)
13. Squeeze the juice from the remaining ½ lemon over the chicken while it is still hot
14. Serve and enjoy!